1.20.2009

day 14




today is a historical day. (and i totally stole the idea for this picture from becky higgins blog!!) 24 years ago (oh that makes me feel old!), i was in washington dc at the inauguration of president ronald regan. my high school's marching band was invited to play in the inauguration parade, which ended up being cancelled because it was too cold. i was only in 8th grade, but because both my brothers were in the band and my parent's were chaperons i was lucky enough to tag along. it was such an amazing experience (and i think the coldest i'd ever been!!)

5 comments:

Midnitecreations - Renu said...

Lol, I took pics off the TV too! It is definitely a history making day.

christie said...

You and Renu had the same mindset today!!!

Sherri Thacker said...

I did too! Its a great day for sure!

Judi said...

I think that many of us had the same idea!!!

Mrs. Fence said...

I am so JEALOUS! I would have loved to have been at Ronald Regan's inauguration!