1.13.2009

day 7

this is the view from where i work. the hospital i work at is on one of the benches of the mountains on the east side of the valley. as you look out, you can see the entire valley and the mountains on the west side. we have weird weather sometimes during the winter. not weird, really, but it will be nice and clear and sunny. when there aren't any storms, the valley starts to gather a lovely band of gunk. it's got a nice name we like to call "the inversion". pretty much, it's a band of smog and crud in the air that makes those with lung issues really hate it!!

ETA: i guess i should clarify! this is the view from one of the stairwells in the hospital...my view varies each day depending on what bed space i'm in. only a few of them have windows. so some days i'm in a windowless room!!!

7 comments:

Midnitecreations - Renu said...

That is one gorgeous view!

christie said...

At least you have a nice view while your at work!!!

Judi said...

What a great shot! I don't think I'd get any work done if I looked at that all day!!! :)

Pati Bocook said...

I second that... How do you ever get a thing done...I would have may face at the window all day. Don't take that view for granted ever!! You are blessed!!

Mrs. Fence said...

Great view! I think I'd look out the window and day dream instead of work!

ElleSquared said...

What a fantastic view! At least you're not stuck in a cubicle with walls for windows all day. I probably wouldn't get much work done though. :)

shuggy said...

for a comparision of the "inversion" i was talking about, see the picture on day 12!!